Thursday

More Research

Ok this is going to be a massive insert, sorry for the use of bandwith!
Just putting up some of the many images I have found to reference my drawings/models from.
Steam:

Its interesting here how they have bent curvey bars.


















This Designs really appeals to me, but I dont know why.









Lots of gears and cogs but with victorian styling.




Reference for the fire/heater/boiler in the front room, i dont actually know what it is, but it looks like this is what it is o_0




The style of the street outside with railings, marble and stone, and huge arches.
























Other: The opening shot of our film could be a fly over, this would take a long time to model unless we just duplicated and resized a selection of buildings.. but you would easily be able to tell. I think the establishing shot should be much closer to the actor.





The colouration of this image is nice as it highlights the white steam, but i would like to make it more dark grey & foggy. I think Jake is looking into fog, if not ill have a look into it.














This is probably the most unusual building ive ever seen, but it is perfect for the style I can see our project taking.



















Textures: (from mayang.com/textures, personal photos, and photoshop)
Also used Texture Maker to make the photos seamless.






























After I made it seamless:




Bump map for th cobbles:













After i made it seamless:





the bump map:





















1 comment:

ejbs said...

Hey Joshua,

since it's been a while since your last post i don't know whether you are still reading comments, but if you do i have a question. Searching for seamless tiles with bumpmapping texture i was redirected to your site and found your brick wall texture. What i wanted to ask is whether i might use your brickwall texture for experimental and domnstrational use. please let me know if you should read my comment.

Best regards