Friday

Texturing

Im having trouble texturing my models as i have combined the meshes of several houses, and cant seem to seperate them to texture them individually.. my version of maya also seems to crash every time I click save which doesnt help a lot.. ahwell.

After a week of trying to texture we have decided not to use my models anyway as they don't really fit in with the rest of the environment. I think this is because we didnt have complete design sheets or complete story boards before we started modeling. Next time I start a project I'm definatly going to sort out the story boards and designs before I start modeling!!

Its alright though, I'm sure I'll use it in another project somewhere.

Its a shame because I could have spent my time working to make the environment jake had made more unique instead of just repeating the houses and balconeys and changing the textures slightly.

No comments: